Monday, July 7, 2008

Pequot Lakes' Bean Hole Days!

Still just STACKS of fun on-tap, including Pequot Lakes' "Bean Hole Days!". There'll be the burying of the beans on Tuesday night, the un-burying of the beans on Tuesday morning, and the eatin' of the beans shortly there-after. For a complete list of Bean Hole Days activities click on the "event" page at wwww.klks.com There's currently running the hunt for Paul Buynan's Paddle. Below is an explanation of the Paddle Hunt, and the first clue. Good Luck!

July 7th - 9th
Paddle Hunt: Babe the Ox and Bessie the Yeller Cow have lost Paul Bunyan's paddle while playing ball with his fishing bobber! Help Paul find his paddle, so he can stir the beans on Wednesday for Bean Hole Days. Clues will available daily at participating Pequot Lakes businesses, the Brainerd Lakes Chamber offices (Welcome Center, Brainerd, Pequot Lakes, and Crosslake), and on this page. The Paddle Hunt winner will receive a fabulous basket of gift certificates from Pequot Lakes businesses.

Paddle Hunt Clue #1: Hello everyone, fro your local lumberjack, Paul Bunyan! Did y'all enjoy the 4th of July? I really liked the Paul Bunyan Bowling and fireworks! They look like little sparks to me though because I'm so tall.

Thanks for helping me find my favorite fishing bobber for the Governor's Fishing Opener. Babe and Bessied did a fine job of losing it! Guess what else they lost of mine... my paddle that I use for stirring the beans for Bean Hole Days. Bernice Rohde is not happy with them. Can you help me find it by Wednesday, July 9th? That's when the beans will be served and I need to stir them for Bernice first.


A picture of my paddle is in the Echo newspaper that tells all about Bean Hole Days. Babe and his girlfriend, Bessie the Yeller Cow, were playing ball with my fishing bobber and used my paddle to hit it with. Bessie was holding one of the Bean Hole pots to catch the bobber. I'm sure that Babe threw the paddle when he hit the bobber and now we can't find it! The trick is if he's a left handed batter or a right. My bobber was found out by the DNR Forest Tower on Hwy 11, so my paddle has to be around Pequot Lakes somewhere.

Patty at Cycle Path & Paddle has canoe and kayak paddles. I wonder if mine got mixed up with her's? There are some old paddles at Lonesome Cottage too. Why do people want to hang old paddles in their homes?

If you find my paddle bring it in to Sue Galligan at the Chamber office in Pequot Lakes. She has a nice gift basket of certificates from area businesses. Good luck everyone!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Powered by Blogger

 

Home | Schedule | News | Weather | Streaming | Contests | Home Shopping | Obits | Trips | Events | Service

Advertise with Us | About | Contact | Directions | FAQ | Site Map | Links | EEO

Copyright 2007 KLKS. All rights reserved.

Explore Brainerd Lakes

Site Meter